Developing businesses, lifestyles and communities in Townsville and beyond.
A little background
- 1957John Hackett Accounting in Brisbane operates a second office in Winton (Western QLD), managed by Peter Grace.
- 1963Peter Grace relocates to Townsville and starts his own practice there.
- 1986GAJ Pinch Chartered Accountants purchases Peter Grace’s practice.
- 1991Jon McArthur and Bruce Coutts form McArthur Coutts Chartered Accountants and purchase the GAJ Pinch practice.
- 1992McArthur Coutts expands and purchases Karen Evans Accountants practice. Later that year, they open a second office in Kirwan, Townsville.
- 1993The second office relocates to a more central location in Kirwan.
- 1994The firm adds Greg Redington as a third partner to become McArthur Coutts Redington.
- 1996Jon McArthur splits from the firm and we rebrand as Coutts Redington Chartered Accountants.
- 1998Coutts Redington purchases the Craig Jones Chartered Accountants practice and opens a third location in Mundingburra, Townsville.
- 2002We consolidate two small offices and open the main office currently located in Aitkenvale, Townsville, while continuing to operate the Kirwan office.
- 2009We expand our Aitkenvale office due to growth and an increase in staffing numbers.
- 2016Celebrating 20 years as Coutts Redington Chartered Accountants.
- 2020Coutts Redington accountants and advisors partnering with professionals to deliver financial and legal services to clients.
How can a firm be diverse AND specialised?
Two words are very important to us here at Coutts Redington.
You may think that diversity and specialisation are opposites. We value both.You can see this in our diverse range of services compared to most accounting firms. But also in the way we specialise in a few key industry sectors. To explain a little more…
Such knowledge complements all the accounting qualifications that our team has. It means that on top of the usual tax and accounting services, we can assist with litigation and disputes, estate and succession planning, and in other areas you don’t normally associate with accounting firms.
In addition to keeping the books up to date and the numbers clear for business owners, we help with important elements of their lives such as financial and retirement planning, asset protection, and assistance with the transition to aged care. All of this is provided under one roof.
One business ethic.
We service the local Townsville community and wider regions. Our team not only look after local businesses. We are also trusted advisors for businesses around Australia and overseas.
The foundation for this success is a consistent commitment to hard work, attention to detail and, above all, providing business owners with clarity, direction, and support.