Hubdoc automates data entry and document collection and streamlines bookkeeping workflows. Here’s an overview of Hubdoc’s core functionality.
If you are using Xero, it is best to setup your Hubdoc through your Xero file. The Xero Subscriber needs to do the setup. All Xero plans include Hubdoc for free
When you first connect Hubdoc to Xero, Hubdoc imports all contacts, chart of accounts, bank accounts and tax rates that are in your Xero File.
1. Document collection – Hubdoc lets you add paper and digital documents by:
- dragging and dropping from your desktop,
- emailing using your unique intake email address,
- taking a photo with the Hubdoc mobile app,
- scanning documents using the integration with ScanSnap Cloud,
- uploading multi page documents and split PDFs in Hubdoc.
2. Code and post transactions to Xero
- Hubdoc extracts the key data from uploaded documents (contact, date, total amount, invoice number and more) ready to code and publish to Xero.
- Hubdoc imports your contacts and chart of accounts when connected to Xero.
- To make things even more efficient, you can set up supplier rules and automate how documents are coded and posted by enabling auto sync.
3. Reconcile transactions in the Xero bank feed
- Once documents and their data are published to Xero, it’s matched to the corresponding transaction in the bank feed and can be reconciled with the original document attached.
Audit-proof Business – Hubdoc helps you simplify & go paperless.
- Auto-filing & sorting – Hubdoc automatically sorts & organizes all of your documents into searchable & customizable folders as soon as they arrive. No more piles of paper
- Easily find documents through search – Looking for something is quick by finding matching keywords or phrases.
There are more details instructions and information on Xero Help if you need anything further.
We are able to assist with the Hubdoc setup and training